The recent revelations and challenges faced by the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) are a reminder that we are all stewards for the integrity of the game of soccer and well-being of the members of the community that participate in it. Abusive behavior in any form, and directed to anyone, will not be tolerated.
McLean Youth Soccer (MYS) is dedicated to “providing opportunities for all players to reach their full potential in sport and in life through participation in soccer.” The safety, well-being and fair treatment of our players, parents, coaches, staff and members are essential to creating productive and meaningful experiences. Members of our team are committed to supporting the club’s Code of Conduct Policy. Relevant provisions of this policy include, but are not limited to, the summary as follows:
• The health, safety, welfare and moral education of young people are a first priority, before the achievement or the reputation of the club, school, coach or parent.
• We shall respect and treat everyone equally within the context of the sport, regardless of gender, nationality, race, sexual orientation, political belief or economic status.
• We shall place the well-being and safety of each player above all other considerations.
• We shall ensure that team activities are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of the players.
• We shall consistently display high standards of behavior and professional appearance, including but not limited to interactions with players, parents, officials and other coaches.
MYS will continue to be diligent in helping to ensure safe places to play and work for everyone in our community. We do this because it is the right thing to do and because it is in the best interest of the game.
McLean Youth Soccer Club