Fall 2021 Registration - CLOSED
The MYS Fall 2021 Recreation season will begin the week of September 6, 2021. Please create or login to your LeagueApps account to register.
NEW this Fall - the U3 age group has been added to the Parent & Player Program!
The MYS Recreation program does not permit carded travel players (travel team or Juniors players) to participate at the recreation level.
**Payment must be made BEFORE a player will be assigned to a team.**
For U3-U5, registration will continue until the program is at the maximum number of participants. The deadline to register for U6 and up and be guaranteed team placement is August 1, 2021. **We can not guarantee placement after this date, especially for those players who will be in the SFL league as club rosters are due to the league by this date.**
Age Groups 2021-2022
|Age Group||Fee Until July 1||Fee July 1-July 31||Fee Starting August 1|
Recreation player fees cover field costs, county fees, league fees, referees, uniforms and club administration costs.
Recreation player fees include two official MYS game jerseys that are to be worn for all games. Game jerseys are distributed to all players every Fall season and to new players who join MYS in the Spring.
Non-Fairfax county residents will be assessed an additional $30 non-resident fee per player per season as required by Fairfax County Park Authority.
Families with financial need are encouraged to apply for Financial Aid.
All MYS registration fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Please read our full club Registration Fee Policy.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule - Fall 2021
The MYS Fall 2021 league will begin the week of September 6th, with the first games played on September 11th. Each team has one practice and one game per week hosted on fields in the McLean area. All games will typically occur on weekends, however, modifications will be made if necessary.
U6-U10 teams will play in an all-house (MYS only) league.
U11-U19 teams will play in a regional league against local clubs within the Northern VA area.
Fall 2021 Schedule:
First Week of Practice: September 7th
- Sept 11, 18, 25
- Oct 2, 16, 23 (off Oct 9 & 30)
- Nov 6, 13
U3-U5 Session Times (all held at Spring Hill #5):
- U4 at 8:30-9:15 am
- U5 at 9:30-10:15 am
The above schedule is subject to change, along with program offerings based on the COVID-19 pandemic.
The McLean Youth Soccer (MYS) Recreation program focuses on individual player development and the enjoyment of the game of soccer - not on winning games. We believe it is important for our players, parents and coaches to embrace this philosophy for it is an important foundation of MYS.
The Recreation program includes the following programs:
- U3-U5: Parent/Player non-team-based introduction to soccer for our pre-K players.
- U6-U7: Academy style, non-results, team-based developmental program.
- U8-U10: Team-oriented program promoting fun and player development.
- U11-U19: Team-based program that competes against area club teams in the local area.
These programs are hosted in the Fall (September-November) and Spring (March-June) seasons.
The MYS Recreation program does not permit carded travel players to participate at the recreation level.
In addition to the above programs, MYS offers the following for recreational players:
- REC SKILLS TRAINING (FALL, WINTER AND SPRING ONLY): For players U7-U14, this is a once a week additional (in addition to the weekly Rec practice) skills training that is hosted by MYS' professionally trained travel coaches. The sessions are divided into field-player and goalkeeper sessions. The Winter Rec Skills program is only for U9-U12 players.
- REC U6-8 CLINIC (WINTER ONLY): For players, ages U6-U8, this is a once a week clinic hosted by professionally trained coaches.
- SFL TRAINING (WINTER ONLY): For players, ages U13 and older, this is a once weekly OUTDOOR skills/scrimmage session.
MYS will be implementing the following procedures for the Recreation League:
- There will be a minimum of 15 minutes between each game to allow for transition time - please enter and exit the field promptly, as directed, and at the beginning and end of your game.
- Masks are REQUIRED for all (officials, coaches, players, family members) who are NOT fully vaccinated effective May 28, 2021.
- Masks are not required for players while they are participating on the field.
- Two (2) spectators per player are permitted at practices or games at this time.
Please refer to the club's COVID-19 Protocols for details.
Resources & Rules
Below are resources that may be helpful to parents and coaches in the Recreation Program:
*PLEASE READ THE ABOVE REC RULES MATRIX CAREFULLY AS THERE HAVE BEEN ADJUSTMENTS MADE TO THE FIFA RULES.