RETURN TO PLAY (RTP) PROTOCOLS: PARENT & PLAYER RESPONSIBILITIES
PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES during RETURN TO PLAY:
- If you are not comfortable with returning to play, DON’T! You are the only one who will make the decision when your child returns to play.
- Ensure your child is healthy and check your child’s temperature before activities with others.
- Consider not carpooling or very limited carpooling.
- Stay in car or adhere to social distance requirements, based on state and local health requirements.
- When at training or games, wear a mask if outside your car.
- Ensure child’s clothing is washed after every training.
- Ensure all equipment (cleats, ball, shin guards etc.) are sanitized before and after every training.
- Do not assist your coach with equipment before or after training.
- Be sure your child has necessary sanitizing products with them at every training.
- If your child becomes ill for any reason please do not send them to training.
- If anyone in your household has tested positive to COVID-19, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- If you are returning from domestic travel from a State or locale with a positive % test rate greater than OR equal to 10% (based on the state-by-state testing trends published by John Hopkins University - click HERE), then we highly recommend that your player receive a viral test 3-5 days after travel AND reduce all non-essential activities for 7 days including not attending practices or games. Even if they test negative, they should stay home for the full 7 days. If the test is positive, they should isolate to protect others from getting infected. If they don’t get tested, it’s safest to stay home for 14 days after travel.
- Note: The recommendation is based on the most current Virginia Department of Health (DOH) Guidelines which can be found HERE.
PLAYER RESPONSIBILITIES during RETURN TO PLAY:
- If you are not comfortable with returning to play, DON’T!
- Take your temperature daily and especially before activities with others.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after training.
- Bring, and use, hand sanitizer with you at every training.
- Wear a mask before and immediately after all training.
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water, food or bags.
- Practice social or physical distancing, place bags and equipment at least 10 feet apart.
- Wash and sanitize all equipment before and after every training.
- No group celebrations, high-5s, hugs, handshakes, fist-bumps, etc.
- Follow all CDC guidelines as well those of your local health authorities.
RETURN TO PLAY (RTP) PROTOCOLS
RTP VYSA – PHASE III
RTP MYS – PHASE III
RTP MYS – PHASE II
RTP MYS – PHASE I
RTP FOLLOWING CASE OF COVID-19 - Updated March 4, 2021
RTP FOLLOWING SUSPECTED EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 - Updated March 5, 2021
MYS SPECTATOR POLICY - Updated February 5, 2021
MYS TRAVEL/VISITORS PROTOCOL - Updated February 9, 2021
FACE COVERINGS - NEW RECOMMENDATION - Updated December 11, 2020