Board Of Directors Nominations
McLean Youth Soccer Overview
Vision: McLean Youth Soccer will be a model club known nationally for developing players at all levels, creating a culture of inclusion, innovation and excellence, and positively impacting our community.
Mission: McLean Youth soccer provides opportunities for all players to reach their full potential in sport and in life through participation in soccer.
The McLean Youth Soccer Board of Directors is responsible for setting the club’s direction, establishing strategic priorities, and promoting our core values:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – MYS values the differences of and the fair treatment for all, and invites the contributions and participation of all.
- Integrity and Respect – MYS members are honest, doing the right thing and putting others’ needs above their own. They have a strong sense of self-respect and respect for others.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – MYS strives to be innovative, pursuing continuous improvement and actively seeking out positive change.
- Community – MYS strives to foster a strong sense of family within MYS, while also serving others in McLean and the greater DC region.
- Professionalism – MYS maintains consistent standards of excellence, teamwork, loyalty, a strong work ethic, and fiscal responsibility.
Board Of Directors Information
The MYS Board of Directors is currently comprised of 9 members. The make-up and structure of the board is based on the MYS By-Laws and includes representation from most of the major functions within the club including:
- Recreation and Travel Memberships
- Outreach and Community Service
Board members are elected at the Annual General Meeting unless appointed by the Board to fill an open position, according to the club by-laws. If you are interested in joining the Board to fill an open position or to be considered at the next Annual General Meeting, please contact the Board's Vice-Chair, who heads the Nominating Committee.