McLean Youth Soccer offers financial assistance to members in the Recreation and Travel programs who demonstrate financial need. Families are encouraged to review the relevant application below, and submit the application in a timely manner.
How to Apply During the 2023-2024 seasons:
- Copy of the most recent Federal tax return on Form 1040 for both parents of the applicant (supporting schedules and attachments are not required unless requested)
- Two Most Recent Pay Stubs
- Free and Reduced Lunch Eligibility Letter
- SNAP Benefit Eligibility Letter
Incomplete applications may result in disqualification. All MYS registration fees must be paid in full on a timely basis for the player to be eligible to participate in MYS team activities.
Recreation Financial Aid
- Once the questions and forms have been uploaded, a notification will be sent from the system to the committee and they will review the application. Do NOT complete your player registration until you hear back from the committee. You will receive a communication stating whether you are being offered an award or not and your invoice will be adjusted accordingly. At that point, you will be able to login and finish your registration.
- Award decisions will be made on a rolling basis as the applications are received with the deadline for submission two weeks before the start of the season. Applications received by the fall deadline will be considered for an award for both the fall and spring seasons.
- All applicants must reapply each fall season to be considered. Applications received first may receive preferential consideration based on the availability of aid funds.
- If a player is approved for an award for the Fall, they are automatically approved for the Spring season as well. Financial aid players who participate in the U11-U19 SFL team will receive a $10 voucher to be used towards uniform cost.
Travel Financial Aid Policy **We are no longer accepting applications for the 2023-2024 season.
- Once the questions have been answered and forms have been uploaded, a notification will be sent from the system to the committee and they will review the application. Please choose the Financial Aid Payment Plan option and pay the deposit. You will receive a communication stating whether you are being offered an award or not and your invoice will be adjusted accordingly.
- Applications must be received no later than July 25, 2023 to be considered. Applications received early in the registration process may receive preferential consideration based on the availability of aid funds. Award decisions will be made periodically on a schedule determined by the Aid Committee. Players receiving offers after the deadline will have 30 days from the date of their offer to apply for aid.
- Applications received by the July 25, 2023 deadline (or 30 days after offer date in the fall) will be considered for an award for the full season year. New players joining MYS for the spring season only can be considered for a spring aid award if they apply. All applicants must reapply each fall season to be considered. Note that there will be no retroactive financial aid awarded for previous seasons registered/played.
- Travel Team Players: Fall application deadline - July 25. **If player is offered a spot after the above date, an application can be submitted within 30 days of the registration date.**
- Recreation Players: Prior to the opening date of the Fall and/or Spring season. **If you qualified for the fall season you do not need to apply again for the spring. Contact email@example.com for an updated code to use when you register. **
Questions: Questions about financial aid awards may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fairfax County also offers financial aid assistance to those who qualify. For details, visit https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/neighborhood-community-services/athletics/youth-scholarship.