McLean Youth Soccer (MYS) offers programming for children aged 3-19 years old from the recreational level through the elite level. MYS has year-round programming in the form of teams, leagues, camps, clinics and more.
Recreation Program - Provides children ages 4-19 an opportunity to have fun while playing soccer.. During the Fall and Spring seasons, U6 and up players train weekly and play in a game each weekend and are coached by parent volunteer coaches.
Travel Program - Provides all components of competitive youth soccer for boys and girls in an environment that promotes excellence, sportsmanship, self-confidence, and respect to ensure that each player achieves their soccer goals, realizes their full soccer potential and falls in love with the game of soccer. The Travel Program consists of varying levels of play - Travel, Premier, Elite - increasing in level of play, level of competition, and level of commitment required. All levels are coached by professional coaches under direction of the Technical staff.
To register for a program, login and/or create an account and follow the on-screen instructions.
Yes, we have limited need-based financial aid available to those who qualify. Please refer to our Financial Aid section for more details and to apply.
Tryouts - Information on tryouts will be updated by March 2021. In the past we have held open tryouts during the month of May, but with COVID-19 restrictions in place our process changed for the seasonal year 2020-2021. Please check back for information on tryouts for the seasonal year 2021-2022.
Travel Program -The travel program is a competitive program that consists of team training, individual training opportunities, and league and tournament Play as well as other on and off field developmental events including college information sessions, specialized fitness training and special technical clinics. Players try out each spring to be considered for a team for the next seasonal year.. Once selected, the player commits to one seasonal year (August - July) of participation with the team. Teams participate in different leagues based on the level of competition for each specific team - ECNL, CCL, and NCSL.
- MPS Travel Training (FALL & SPRING ONLY): An additional practice every week for all U9-12 travel players and U13-19 ECNL and Green team players only. This is included in the player’s club fees.
- Goalkeeper training (FALL, WINTER & SPRING ONLY): Additional goalkeeper-specific practices for all Travel level goalkeepers
- Travel Team skills training (FALL & WINTER): Additional practice every week for U13-19 white, gold or silver travel teams (at least 12 players from a specific team must commit and payment is due at registration).
- Future U9 Training (WINTER ONLY): For rising U9 (current U8) Juniors program rand recreation players, this is a once a week clinic to prepare players for potential U9 travel program. Registration required.
- Performance Travel Training (WINTER ONLY): Once a week training session for U9-U14 Travel team players only (players must be on a current MYS or other travel level team). Registration required.
The Recreation program focuses on individual player development and the enjoyment of the game of soccer - not on winning games. We believe it is important for our players, parents and volunteer coaches to embrace this philosophy as it is an important foundation of MYS.
The Recreation program includes the following programs:
- U4-U5: Parent/Player non-team-based introduction to soccer for our pre-K players.
- U6-U7: Academy style, non-results, team-based developmental program.
- U8-U11: Team-oriented program promoting fun and player development.
- U12-U19: Team-based program that competes against area club teams in the local area.
The Recreation League is hosted in the Fall (September-November) and Spring (March-June).
In addition to the MYS Rec league, MYS offers the following for recreational players:
- All-Stars (FALL AND SPRING ONLY): For players in U9-U19 age groups, tryout-based team formation, practices 3-4 times leading up to a weekend of tournament play (3 games minimum).
- Recreation Skills Training (FALL, WINTER & SPRING ONLY): For U7-U14 players, skills training is once a week additional (in addition to the weekly Recreation practice) training that is hosted by MYS professional coaches. The sessions are broken up into field player and goalkeeper sessions.
- U6-U8 Winter Recreation Clinic (WINTER ONLY): For U6-U8 players, this is a once a week outdoor skills clinic hosted by MYS professional coaches.
- SFL Winter Training (WINTER ONLY): For SFL players U14 and up, this is a once a week outdoor skills/scrimmage session.
- Winter Outdoor Recreation (WINTER ONLY): For U9-19 players, this is a once a week GAME ONLY team (coached by volunteer coaches).
The MYS Recreation program does not permit carded travel players to participate at the recreation level..
MYS operates all of it’s programming based on a birth-year age group chart, children must be born within the year listed in order to participate in the program:
U6-19 teams play 8 games per season with a once a week practice. For U4 and 5s there is a once a week class (6 weeks for U4 and 7 weeks for U5).
Recreation player fees cover field costs, county fees, league fees, referees, uniforms and club administration costs. For all fee information, please visit our Recreation Registration and Fees page
Please check our Recreation Resources page.
MYS offers half-day, full-day, and evening summer camps, spring break camps, and pre-season Travel camps. A full listing of current offerings can be found in the Training and Camps section
MYS offers summer speciality camps in conjunction with Elite ECNL, Coerver and Celtic FC. Check out our summer camps page to see upcoming offerings.
MYS Camps have U8-U17 age-specific programs, which allow players to choose the program that fits them the best. Each program features fun age appropriate training of soccer skills. We operate under the philosophy that the game of soccer is the best teacher when played in an enjoyable environment. Coaches will enhance the learning process by providing campers the choice of activities, lots of encouragement, and a light touch on teaching new skills.
You do not need to be a member of MYS to attend. New members and non-members are welcome to attend as well. However, if you are a member of MYS, you should register using your normal MYS userID and password.
MPS pre-season camp is for travel teams camps for current players of ECNL and green teams, and also all U9-12 travel team players. These are team camps that are included in the cost of the travel team fees.
A separate schedule will be posted for these when available.
All MYS camps are non-refundable. If a program cannot be run for any reason MYS will refund all participants in full.